About Dr. Pacuraru – Eye Surgeon in Abilene, TX
Anca D. Pacuraru D.O. is a board certified ophthalmologist and accomplished surgeon with over 25 years of experience. With her extensive professional and surgical expertise, she has provided the latest developments in technology for glaucoma and cataract procedures for over 16 years in Abilene and in surrounding rural areas in the state of Texas.
A graduate of Temple University in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Dr. Pacuraru earned her medical degree from the Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine. She completed an internship and residency at Ohio University Doctors Hospital in Columbus, Ohio. She has advanced fellowship training from the renowned Dean A. McGee Eye Institute in Oklahoma City under Dr. Gregory Skuta. During her fellowship training, Dr. Pacuraru contributed to several extensive research projects and publications.
In 2013, Dr. Pacuraru founded Abilene Premier Eye Care as one of the leading eye care practices in western Texas. She has a special interest in offering a holistic approach to the finest comprehensive eye care. Dr. Pacuraru is dedicated to providing empathetic care that educates and inspires her patients to pursue active steps towards overcoming any eye condition.
Dr. Pacuraru is a Romanian native and enjoys traveling and learning about different cultures. She is committed to giving back to her community and has participated in different charitable organizations across the world. She is an avid dog lover and her dog Max always seems to bring a smile to her face. Dr. Pacuraru can also be found painting canvases in her art studio while listening to her favorite CD by Andrea Bocelli.
English and Romanian
- Medical, laser and surgical treatment of all adult glaucoma including:
- Open Angle
- Closed Angle
- Narrow Angle
- Ocular Hypertension
- Glaucoma Suspect
- Low Tension Glaucoma
- No-Stitch Cataract Surgery
- Advanced Technology with Intraocular Lens Implants
- Trabeculectomy with or without Express Shunts
- Minimally Invasive Glaucoma Surgeries (MIGS) (iStent, Cypass)
- Eyelid Lesions including:
- Skin tags
- Corneal Disease
- Treatment of Dry Eye Disease
- Diabetic exams
- Pterygium Excisions
- Comprehensive Eye Care
- Fellowship in Glaucoma;Â Dean A. McGee Eye Institute, University of Oklahoma
- Ophthalmology Residency,Â Doctors Hospital, Ohio University
- Rotating Internship, Doctors Hospital,Â Ohio University
- Medical Degree,Â Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Bachelor of Arts in Biology,Â Temple University
- Attending Surgeon,Â Texas Midwest Surgical Center
- Attending Physician,Â Hendrick Medical Center
- Medical Staff,Â Abilene Regional Medical Center
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- American Osteopathic Association
- American Osteopathic Colleges of Ophthalmology and Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery
- Texas Medical Association
- Texas Ophthalmological Association
- Board Member,Â NOROC (New Opportunities for Romanian Orphaned Children)
- Board of Directors,Â Abilene Community Affairs Committee
- Board of Trustees,Â Grace Museum Acquisition and Exhibits Committee
- Eye Screenings and Lectures, Glaucoma Awareness Month
- Eye Screenings at Upper Darby Homeless Shelter
- Chernobyl Hospital Project, PCOM
- Volunteer at Disabled Student Affairs, Temple University
Research and Publications
- Markowitz, G.D., Pacuraru, A.D., McDonald-McGinn, D.E., Quinn, G.E., Wilson, M.C., Zackai, E.H., Long, Term Follow-Up of Ocular Findings in Children with Sticklerâs Syndrome. Submitted as a paper at 1995 Meeting of the American of Pediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus.
- Randall, B.A., Pacuraru, A.D., Ophthalmic Complication in Toxic Epidermal Necrolysis: A Pediatric Case Study. Journal of American Ophthalmology and Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery. 1998.
- Pacuraru, A.D., Tuberous Sclerosis: A Case Presentation and Review. Journal of American Osteopathic Colleges of Ophthalmology and Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery. 1999; 11(1):45-47.
- Pacuraru, A.D., Adieâs Syndrome. Journal of American Osteopathic Colleges of Ophthalmology and Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery. 1999; 11(1):47-49.
- Pacuraru, A.D>, Morgan, R.K., Skuta, G. L., Outcomes after Baerveldt and Double Plate Molteno Implant Surgery. 1999; ARVO 40(4):274. li The paper was presented at The XXIII Dean A. McGee Eye Institute Annual Research and Alumni Day, May 22 1999.
- Irak, I. Pacuraru, A.D., Hyphema. Glaucoma, eMedicine Journal. September 4 2001. Volume 2, Number 9.
- Irak, I. Pacuraru, A.D., Secondary Congenital. Glaucoma, eMedicine Journal. September 4 2001. Volume 2, Number 9.